You rely on your stylist to provide recommendations on how to keep your hair looking its best between visits to the salon. We spoke with stylist ZiZi Mouzount of our Fairfax Mosaic District location about her recommendations for maintaining and styling color treated hair.
Zizi shared her advice for maintaining the color, depth and shine of your color treated hair using the Kerastase line of hair care products for cleansing, conditioning and preparing your hair prior to styling.
Cleanse & Condition
The challenges of maintaining color treated hair include preventing fading, brassiness, breakage and reducing dryness. Zizi recommends using the Kerastase Réflection Chroma Captive hair care product line. The products are specially designed to moisturize, add shine and protect your color for up to 40 days from fading and environmental aggressors (think sun, heated styling, minerals in water, etc.).
- Cleanse with Bain Chroma Captive, sulfate-free shampoo that preserves your color, keeps hair shiny & provides UV protection.
- Condition with Fondant Chroma Captive, which polishes the hair fibers, preserves color and intensifies the shine and radiance of color treated hair.
- Periodically deep condition with Masque Chroma Riche, specially formulated for dry, color-treated or highlighted hair, leaving your hair soft, shiny and radiant.
Prepare for Styling
Kerastase's Elixir Ultime line of hair protectants are good for both wet and dry styling. Use on wet hair after conditioning for a smooth blowout, use on dry hair to control flyaways. According to Zizi, "a small amount of this product goes a long way - between two to four pumps depending on your hair length." Elixir Ultime leaves your hair shiny, silky and frizz-free, and has a wonderful scent.
The Elixir Ultime line includes four formulations:
- Award winning Elixr Ultime, for all hair types.
- Elxir Ultime Rose Millenaire for fine hair.
- Exlir Ultime The Imperial for color treated hair.
- Elixir Ultime Moringa Immortel for damaged hair.
Speak with your stylist to determine the best formulation for your hair.
Salon Nordine & Day Spa - Authorized Kerastase Consultant Salon
You may think you're buying a "professional" treatment line at your local drugstore or discount retailer, but these diverted hair products are sometimes counterfeit, watered down or past their recommended shelf life. A recent investigative report by ABC15 Arizona (you can view the video here) highlights the issues you may encounter when purchasing at a non-approved retailer, including the fact that professional products often cost more at such outlets then at an authorized consultant salon such as Salon Nordine & Day Spa.